Lecturer / Senior Lecturer - Anthropology and Sociology
Job no: 498541
Work type: full-time
Faculty of Arts, Business, Law and Education
School of Social Sciences
- 3 year appointment (with the possibility of conversion to continuing)
- Salary range: Level B $96,210 - $114,250 p.a. or Level C $117,857 - $135,900 p.a.
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked among the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to 'innovate and inspire' there is no better time to join Western Australia's top University.
The School of Social Sciences at the University of Western Australia is seeking an outstanding researcher and teacher to join the Discipline Group of Anthropology and Sociology in a continuing Level B/C lectureship position.
About the opportunity and you
As the successful applicant, you will be able to teach across core areas of the discipline that are central to the Anthropology and Sociology major, Honours program, and postgraduate coursework, and supervise research students. The successful candidate will also have the flexibility for collaborative and innovative teaching across a range of units.
The School is particularly interested in candidates with expertise in the areas of health, religion, and/or science and technology. Additional areas of interest include research methodologies, the Indo-Pacific region (including Australia) and indigenous studies. . The successful applicant will have research interests that will both complement and grow the research currently conducted in the Anthropology and Sociology Discipline Group and contribute to strategic directions in the School of Social Sciences more broadly.
To be considered for this role, you should have:
- A PhD in Anthropology or Sociology
- A strong record of research publication relative to career stage
- A research program in an area that complements and grows the research currently conducted in the Discipline Group
- The demonstrated ability to build research collaborations
- The ability and willingness to develop, co-ordinate and teach units at all undergraduate levels across some subset of the following areas: introductory anthropology and sociology, theory, health, religion, science and technology, research methodologies, the Indo-Pacific region (including Australia), indigenous studies, gender, migration
- A commitment to pursue the best educational practices and to implement institutional goals
The appointment is initially for three years with the possibility of conversion to a permanent position.
The University offers an attractive benefits package including generous superannuation, leave provisions and salary packaging, and a demanding and supportive working environment.
Closing date: Sunday 11 June 2017
This position is open to international applicants.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Please see the position description prior to applying: 316381.pdf
- UWA has received recognition as a Top Ten Employer for LGBTI – inclusion the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2016).
- The University is also a proud member of the Athena SWAN/SAGE Pilot for Gender Equity.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time