Senior Adviser - People and Culture
Job no: 498600
Work type: full-time
Categories: Policy and Planning
- Be a trusted adviser to the Vice-Chancellor
- Full time, ongoing appointment
- Level 8
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to 'innovate and inspire' there is no better time to join Western Australia's top University.
About the opportunity
The Senior Adviser will be a trusted adviser to the Vice-Chancellor providing advice on best practice workforce management values and principles and will be skilled in applying these within the context of an academic organisation. Under broad direction and working with key professional and academic staff, particularly in Human Resources (HR), the occupant will provide strategic and operational advice on policy and casework issues, and will develop key University wide policies and initiatives relating to people and organisation issues. The ability to foster collaborative relationships with key clients in the University including the Executive and Heads of School/Service is required, as will be expertise in researching issues and articulating options, and providing informed advice to assist decision making and solve problems.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Relevant Tertiary qualification or equivalent competency
- Substantial experience providing advice and managing projects in complex large organisations
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to influence to achieve strategic outcomes in an effective way
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to compose and deliver reports and recommendations at high levels
- Analytical and practical problem solving skills
- Demonstrated experience in finding options and solutions to complex people issues
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative fashion, building excellent networks, and working in a way which appreciates organisational nuances and cultures
- Demonstrated knowledge of contemporary management practice and procedures
The role calls for a mature, flexible, resilient applicant with superior communication and problem solving skills. The position requires a candidate who is career driven and thrives on challenges. The successful candidate will be an experienced and resilient professional with experience in a similar role. The successful candidate will have well developed time management, communication and people management skills, and who can thrive in a dynamic and fast paced work environment.
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description and applicants should clearly demonstrate they meet the selection criteria.
Closing date: 3rd May 2017
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Please see the position description prior to applying: Senior Advisor - People and Culture
- UWA has been awarded Top Ten Employer for LGBTI – inclusion the the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2016).
- The University is also a proud member of the Athena SWAN/SAGE Pilot for Gender Equity.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time