Job no: 498660
Work type: full-time
Categories: Trades & Services
- 3 x ongoing appointments available
- Salary range: Level 5 $67,114 - $74,624 p.a.
The University of Western Australia (UWA), a member of the prestigious Group of Eight research-intensive universities, is ranked amongst the top Australian universities and among the top 100 universities in the world.
Campus Management is responsible for planning, developing and managing the University's campus and property portfolio to support teaching, research and campus life. Campus Management delivers a range of University-wide services including strategic planning, facilities operations, major projects and developments, sustainability, landscape, security and transport. Within the Central Service Delivery Centre the Plant and Equipment team shares accountability for providing operational delivery of Campus Management services and its primary customers are the whole of the University.
About the opportunity
The Plumbing Officer is an operational role that delivers plumbing hydraulic and gas services to buildings and infrastructure. The position supports small to medium construction and maintenance projects on campus.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Plumbing Licence and other relevant Trade Qualifications, certificates and licenses
- Substantial experience delivering hydraulic and gas maintenance and construction services
- Considerable current working knowledge and experience in plumbing trade
- Gas Licence Type 'C' and Backflow Licence
- Substantial job quoting, tendering and management of actual job costing skills
- Highly developed time management and organisational skills and demonstrated ability to set priorities to meet deadlines
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description.
Closing date: Friday 31 March 2017
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Please see the position description prior to applying: 316260, 316261, 316262.pdf
- UWA has been awarded Top Ten Employer for LGBTI – inclusion of the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2016).
- The University is also a proud member of the Athena SWAN/SAGE Pilot for Gender Equity.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time