Manager - Continuous Improvement, Human Resources
Job no: 498731
Work type: full-time
Categories: Human Resources
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to 'innovate and inspire' there is no better time to join Western Australia's top University.
Human Resources (HR) enables the University vision, strategy and objectives by partnering with the business to provide high quality strategic and operational people and culture support across the organisation.
HR is responsible for providing efficient and fit for purpose organisational wide HR policy, process and systems and specialist advisory services covering culture, capability, talent, reward and employee relations. HR provides services both centrally and within the Service Delivery Centres.
The HR Manager, Continuous Improvement is responsible for supporting the transformation of HR service delivery by leading improvements in HR Policy, Process and Systems and data analytics across UWA. As such the role is subject to change over time.
The appointee will lead and work in partnership with the Central Unit and Service Delivery Centres to develop and implement streamlined, efficient and user friendly HR Policy, Process and Systems to deliver exceptional service across the employee lifecycle, including: workforce planning, attraction, talent acquisition, performance management and development, talent management, reward and recognition, employee administration and payroll.
- Relevant Tertiary qualification, or demonstrated equivalent competency
- Extensive knowledge and expertise of contemporary human resource practice and procedures, particularly in the field of HR Policy, Process and Systems
- Knowledge and expertise in project management and continuous improvement methodology e.g. Prince 2, Lean, 6 Sigma
- Experience establishing and facilitating HR Policy, Process and System (implementation) and continuous improvement frameworks, processes and programs
- Demonstrated ability to lead virtual project teams, motivate and influence others to achieve goals and provide high quality service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and high level consultation and negotiation skills
- Excellent conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems and business requirements
- Excellent planning and organisational skills and demonstrated ability to drive results in a complex environment with multiple stakeholders
- Experience of delivery in a transformational workplace
Closing date: 3rd May 2017
Please refer to the link for the position description containing the key responsibilities and selection criteria: HR Manager Continuous Improvement
- UWA has been awarded Top Ten Employer for LGBTI – inclusion of the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2016).
- The University is also a proud member of the Athena SWAN/SAGE Pilot for Gender Equity.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time