Placement Officer (ABLE)
Job no: 498739
Work type: full-time
Categories: Student Administration / Support Services
- 12 Month fixed term, full time appointment
- Salary range: Level 6 $77,122 - $81,629 p.a.
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to 'innovate and inspire' there is no better time to join Western Australia's top University.
The Careers Centre is a professional team delivering proactive, innovative and dynamic services to students that will equip them with the skills and knowledge to find employment during study and at graduation. The Careers Centre is located within Student Services, in the Office of Student Experience. The Faculty of Arts, Business, Law and Education (ABLE) is a new Faculty at UWA that brings together a diverse range of Schools and disciplines with a focus on outstanding teaching and research. Enhancing the student experience is a core strategy of the Faculty.
About the opportunity
In collaboration with the University Careers Services, the position will support the development of Work Integrated Learning in the Faculty of Arts, Business, Law and Education. It will involve providing support to the Academic Work Integrated Learning and Practicum Coordinators and advice and support to students. The position will also develop and maintain strategic partnerships with business and industry.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Highly developed written, verbal communication skills, oral presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Highly developed organisational skills and demonstrated ability to manage projects, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently, show initiative and work productively as part of a team
- Proficiency across a range of computing skills including word processing, spread sheets, databases, internet and email
- Substantial experience and ability to provide student support and learning and teaching support in a higher education setting
- Commitment to providing a high level of quality customer service
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or equivalent competency
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description
You will have a proven ability to liaise and network effectively with a range of professionals and establish effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Closing date: Sunday 30 April 2017
Visa: This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Occasional evening or weekend work may be required.
Occasional travel to assess workplaces may be required.
Working with Children's check
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Please see the position description prior to applying: 316353.pdf
- UWA has been awarded Top Ten Employer for LGBTI – inclusion of the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2016).
- The University is also a proud member of the Athena SWAN/SAGE Pilot for Gender Equity.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time