Senior Research Fellow
Job no: 505716
Work type: full time
Location: Nedlands Campus
Categories: Health and Medical Sciences
School of Population and Global Health
- An opportunity to conduct high quality research in the Cardiovascular Research Group
- Fixed-term appointment ending 31 March 2022
- Salary: Level C: $122,456 - $140,861 per annum plus superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to ‘innovate and inspire’ there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top University.
Cardiovascular disease is the number one killer for Australians, yet most of these deaths are preventable. Cardiovascular research in UWA’s School of Population and Global Health works to prevent cardiovascular disease and improve treatment by mapping patterns of disease, uncovering risk factors and testing ways to improve patient health.
The Cardiovascular Disease Epidemiology discipline includes researchers, epidemiologists, biostatisticians, health practitioners and students working together to provide information to reduce the burden of cardiovascular disease.
About the opportunity
You, as the appointee, will assist the Cardiovascular Research Group in the close out of a NMHRC Project grant. You will be intricately involved in running analytical techniques in a methodical manner, and will constantly evaluate alternate statistical models using theoretical approaches.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- A PhD in health sciences or related field or demonstrate significant research experience
- Practical experience with SAS or other major statistical software, data processing, database curation and data analytics
- Experience in the analysis of linked / administrative datasets
- Substantial background in data mining and statistical analysis
- Able to understand data structures and common methods in data transformation
- Excellent pattern recognition and predictive modelling skills
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work collaboratively in a research team
- Prepare manuscripts for publication, and other study outputs (eg. conference presentations)
- Experience in analysis of health economic data
- Experience with major cardiovascular conditions and co-morbidities
- Experience in supervising research students
- Full details of the position responsibilities are outlined in the position description.
In preparing your application, you are asked to submit a cover letter, address the selection criteria in the position description and upload your CV along with copies of your education certificates.
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Please see the position description prior to applying: 505716 - Senior Research Fellow Position Description.pdf
Closing date: Sunday, 31 January 2021
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to achieving our goal of being a top 50 university by 2050.
- We have child friendly areas on campus, including childcare facilities. Flexible work arrangements, part-time hours and job sharing will all be considered.
- UWA has been awarded Platinum Employer Status for being a Top Ten Employer for LGBTI Inclusion by the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2019).
- UWA has also been awarded Athena Swan Bronze Accreditation in 2020.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time