Coordinator, Science and Partnerships
Job no: 505966
Work type: full time
Categories: Community Engagement/Marketing, Policy and Planning, Business Development
Research Infrastructure Centre
- Flexible working arrangements considered
- Full-time, fixed-term appointment until 30 June 2023
- Salary range: Level 9, $114,083 - $120,719 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to ‘innovate and inspire’ there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top University.
About the team
The Population Health Research Network (PHRN) is an internationally significant research infrastructure program that is developing and operating Australia's first national data linkage network. The University of Western Australia is the lead agent for PHRN.
Established with the backing of the Australian Government as part of the National Collaborative Research Infrastructure Strategy and supported by Australian governments and tertiary institutions, the PHRN has built a network that enables existing health data from around the nation to be brought together and made available for vital health and health related research purposes.
This research allows health care planners, providers and policy makers to respond more effectively to the changing needs of the Australian population.
About the opportunity
As the appointee you will, under the broad direction of the Manager, Policy and Client Services, play a significant role in the development and implementation of PHRN strategic projects and activities designed to improve Australia’s national collaborative and innovative data linkage infrastructure. You will also write submissions, reports, academic papers and other publications to promote the work of the PHRN nationally and internationally. Most of the activities of your role will be external to the University.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Relevant tertiary qualification or demonstrated equivalent competency
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including experience in scientific and report writing
- Demonstrated ability to build and develop relationships with external stakeholders including the government, university and private sectors
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with demonstrated ability to work independently to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Knowledge and understanding of linked data infrastructure and/or health and human services research in Australia
- Experience in workshop and consultation facilitation is desirable
- Experience with the preparation and presentation of reports to Boards or Committees is desirable
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description. Please see the position description prior to applying: Position Description - Coordinator, Science and Partnerships.pdf
You are required to address the selection criteria outlined in the position description in a separate document. For information to assist you with compiling statements to answer the selection criteria, please visit addressing the selection criteria.
Closing date: Sunday 24th January 2021
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to achieving our goal of being a top 50 university by 2050.
- We have child friendly areas on campus, including childcare facilities. Flexible work arrangements, part-time hours and job sharing will all be considered.
- UWA has been awarded Platinum Employer Status for being a Top Ten Employer for LGBTI Inclusion by the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2019).
- UWA has also been awarded Athena Swan Bronze Accreditation in 2020.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time