Job no: 509492
Work type: full time
Categories: Trades & Services
UWA Child Care Services
- Full-time, fixed-term opportunity for 2 years
- Salary range: $65,168 – $70,067 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to ‘innovate and inspire’ there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top university.
About the team
UWA Child Care Services provides an Early Learning Centre that offers part-time and full-time care to children aged six weeks to five years, and an Out of School Care Service that provides After School Care and Vacation Care for pre-primary students to twelve-year-old’s, during state school terms and state school holidays.
Management and staff aim to provide high quality education and care and enriching learning experiences for all children, in partnership with their families, and in accordance with the Education and Care Services National Law (WA) Act 2012, Education and Care Services National Regulations 2012, and the National Quality Framework.
About the opportunity
As the appointee, you will provide support and assistance to the Centre Director for the administration and planning of the Out of School Care Centre. You will actively assume the role of Educational Leader and Health and Safety Advisor.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- A Bachelor of Education, Diploma of Teaching (or equivalent) or a Diploma of Children’s Services (in working in Early Education and Care); a Degree or Diploma in Recreation, Sport Science, Leisure Studies, Social and Behavioural Science or Nursing (in working with over preschool age children), as approved by The Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA)
- Extensive experience in the Out of School care industry and working with children 5-12 years
- Knowledge and understanding of the Education and Care Services National Law (WA) Act
- Knowledge and understanding of 2012 and the Education and Care Services National Regulations 2012
- Possess organisational and leadership skills with a proven ability to work to deadlines.
- Understanding and experience with the Accreditation and Assessment rating process in accordance with the Australia Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA)
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description: Position Description - Assistant Director.pdf
The content of your Resume and Cover Letter should demonstrate how you meet the selection criteria.
Closing date: 11:55pm AWST on Sunday, 3 July 2022
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
In line with the Western Australia COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination Programme the successful applicant for this position will be required to provide proof of their full COVID-19 vaccination status (or have a Vaccination Exemption Statement) before commencing work at UWA.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to achieving our goal of being a top 50 university by 2050.
- We have child friendly areas on campus, including childcare facilities. Flexible work arrangements, part-time hours and job sharing will all be considered.
- UWA has been awarded Bronze Employer Status for being a Top Ten Employer for LGBTI Inclusion by the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2021).
- UWA has also been awarded Athena Swan Bronze Accreditation in 2020.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time